why we love it
Episencial is the first skincare company to develop all natural and sustainable products specifically for today's healthy families and their green values. Why? Because today everyone knows the importance of making healthy choices for yourself, your family and the planet - but it is not always easy to do, particularly when raising young children. That's where Episencial comes in.
Why is it important to use organic products in skincare products?
They use organic ingredients for Episencial skin care products because they are better for the environment, but also because they are better for the skin. Organic ingredients have more nutritional value with greater antioxidant capabilities than their non-organic counterparts. This is important because of the skin's transdermal properties. Many nutrients applied to the skin are absorbed into the bloodstream and distributed throughout the body. Unfortunately, the same is true for harmful chemicals that are remarkably prevalent in personal care products, even those marketed for children. So, as a parent, you can make well-considered choices about personal grooming products for your children in order to help protect them and the planet from environmental pollution.
What does "made with organic ingredients" really mean?
All Episencial products are at least 50% organic. Some are a much higher percentage of organic. What is important is that the RIGHT ingredients are organic. Some plants, like thyme for example, are very hardy in nature and don't require the use of pesticides and fumigants. Others, like raspberry are sweet and delicious and often do require insecticides and such for commercial production. To keep the products affordable, they have selected the ingredients with the highest likelihood of contamination and specifically chosen those to be organic. Also, the natural condition of organic crops is that they are not as reliable as those that are grown under the techniques of mainstream agribusiness. If a crop goes bad due to infection or weather, we have to seek other sources for that particular raw ingredient. So, the actual organic ingredients may vary slightly from batch to batch depending upon what was available in an organic form at the time of production.
What it means to be a green company:
Epinsencial believes their products and business practices are opportunities to effect positive change for our world. When they claim to be "green" it is because sustainability is at the very core of how they conduct business:
- Epinsencial uses botanical, sustainably farmed and certified organic ingredients.
- They do not engage in animal testing.
- Episencial also supports alternative energy development, their products are manufactured in a solar-powered production plant.
- All their plastic containers are recycled, food-grade, non-leaching, with no residues of dioxins, BpA, phthalates, or other xenoestrogens.
- The paper packaging is manufactured from recycled sources or comes exclusively from certified sustainable resources.
- Their containers and boxes are beautifully designed and sturdy enough to encourage re-use and re-purposing.
- The Episencial containers are made of recycled food grade, PET 1 plastic that does not leach toxic chemicals.
What are Eco-Traits
? Eco-Traits reflect unique, environmentally friendly characteristics
of the products we sell. The icons make it easy to shop at ecomom. Rather than acting as
certifications, Eco-Traits describe products. When shopping, use Eco-Traits to help single
out product attributes important to you.